☞ Please have your car ready for tech upon arrival to the track.
☞ Windshield must not be overly cracked. Windshield safety is at the discretion of the tech team.
☞ You MUST have an OEM crash bar or aftermarket crash bar installed on the front end.
☞ You must have a fire extinguisher that is no less than 2lbs, with a gauge, must be FULL and in good
standing, and be mounted within reach of the driver.
☞ Battery must be tied down and secured with proper battery tie downs or battery box in the factory
location, or relocated properly. BUNGEE CORDS, ZIP TIES AND TOW STRAPS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
☞ No loose objects in car that have potential to slide around.
☞ Functioning factory seat belts or CORRECTLY ROUTED harness must be present. Please see the FAQ section
for the reference on how to properly route your harness.
☞ You must have a harness bar or cage if you are running aftermarket harnesses. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A
HARNESS BAR OR CAGE, YOU MUST USE OEM SEATBELTS.
☞ Your vehicle must have at least 1 accessible tow hook.
☞ Seats must be fully bolted in and not wobbly.
☞ You must not have ANY fluid leaks. It is strongly suggested to bring materials to clean up spills if they
☞ You must have all of your lug nuts tightened and attached.
☞ Must have a coolant overflow.
☞ Drivers must wear at least a shirt, shorts and closed toed shoes.
☞ All drivers and passengers must wear a DOT regulated helmet, with the strap secured tightly. Open face
helmets are allowed.
☞ IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO DRIFT A TRUCK, IT MUST BE INSPECTED PRIOR TO THE EVENT! IF IT HAS NOT
BEEN APPROVED BY TRACK STAFF AT LEAST A WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT, YOU WILL NOT BE DRIFTING SAID
What are the tech requirements?
A: See above!
have a harness bar/cage,
follow the instructions on this link. If you do not
Can people ride along?
A: Of course! Make sure yourself and your passenger has a DOT regulated helmet.
How do I correctly route a harness?
Do I need a cage to tandem?
SHOW UP WITH A NORMAL SEATBELT.
A: As of right now, we do not require a cage to tandem/participate.
– If this is your first time drifting at Five Flags, or if you have not drifted with us in the past 2 years, you MUST
attend the drivers meeting, or you will NOT be allowed to drive. Tech will cease at 4:30, so if you have driven
with us before, you must be at tech before 4:30, or you will not be driving.
– DO NOT DO ANY BURNOUTS. PERIOD.
– Do not harass drivers. Riding along with the drifters is a PRIVELEGE, not a RIGHT. Drivers have every right to
refuse rides to spectators. Any spectators found harassing or bothering drivers will be REMOVED FROM THE
– Respect the track, track staff, and other spectators/drivers. This should go without saying.
– Comply with all rules of the track and the law, or you will be removed and possibly banned from attending
– Do not speed or drive recklessly. The only time you should be hitting speed or losing traction should be if
you PAID FOR TRACK TIME, and are ON THE DRIFT COURSE.
– The speed limit around the bowl is TWENTY (20) mph.
– Do not litter; When you leave, please clean up all of your trash, and take your tires with you.
-These are family-friendly events. With that being said, PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF YOUR CHILDREN. YOU NEED
TO BE AWARE OF YOUR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES.
-Drivers are and will be held responsible for themselves and the conduct of their guests (to include family,
friends, passengers and pit crew, etc.)
– Drivers and passengers must have their seatbelt/harness and helmet properly secured BEFORE reaching the
ANY irresponsible actions such as dumping of the clutch, burnouts, excessive speeding, endangering a
spectator by way of your maneuvers etc. done in the pit, parking area, or anywhere that is not
designated to be a racing surface, Five Flags officials or track staff reserve the right remove
participants, DRIVERS AND SPECTATORS ALIKE, who are deemed unsafe, from drifting and the track.
Any and all participants deemed unsafe may be banned from that event. Five Flags officials have the
authority to permanently ban the individual if decided upon.