- This event has passed.
ECD N/T SERIES ROUND 1
February 1, 2020
Emerald Coast Dragway’s 2020 dates, rules & general guidelines for the ECD N/T series.
-All N/T classes will be randomly paired by a chip draw indicating number and lane assignment, for example 1R will race 1L and they will be the first pair down the track.
-Semi-finalists get their entry fee back while winner and runner up split remaining purse 75/25%, 100% payback if entry fee’s exceed purse amount.
-Unless otherwise specified drivers will get two time shots (qualifying for 6.50) prior to eliminations and run order will be as follows; Prep/28X/TS/FS/6.50/other/repeat.
-Entering the race consists of passing tech inspection & pulling through the burnout box onto the racing surface, at this point there will be no refunds as show up points are assigned and your entry fee will go towards the purse.
-Testing with your class after being eliminated from the race is acceptable, pull into the respective lanes after round pairing and feel free to run singles and/or grudge race.
-Crossing center or making contact with any piece of the track safety or timing equipment is grounds for disqualification, this also includes any parts of the vehicle crossing the center line – “first or worst”
-If there are potential grounds for disqualification that need to be brought to the racemasters attention it must be done prior to the start of the race or prior to the next round of eliminations if the infraction happened during the prior round of eliminations.
-Racemaster has final discretion to make rule change without notice in an effort to maintain class parity.
February 1ST – OPENING ROUND
July 18TH – NIGHT RACE
November 14TH FINALS – 21 GUN SALUTE
Joining the ECD point series is automatic with no registration or additional entry fees required, beginning with 10 show up points awarded for turning in a tech card for your respective class and pulling through the burnout box for shakedowns/qualifying. From there each round win is worth 10 points while semi finalists, runner up and winners are awarded 1, 3 & 5 additional bonus points, respectively. The Champ is to receive an ECD Gold Card (good for race entry respective to their championship class for all of the following year, as well as unlimited test & tune during our public sessions and +1 through the gate for crew/spectators any time you come through), a custom made championship jacket as well as a big check or trophy. Runner up will get a silver card (good for race entry respective to their championship class for all of the following year) as well as a big check or trophy.
28 Extreme (28X) $3000 guaranteed purse, $150 car & driver entry.
- Heads up no time class meant for street door cars or trucks utilizing any power plant and power adder combo. The class will be randomly paired for eliminations and racing on a .400 pro tree. Tire size limited to any 28×10.5W slick, 28×10.5 pro brackets or 275/60-15 radial and smaller. Chassis limited to factory style front suspension mounted in the stock location. No full tube chassis or wheelie bars and must maintain factory wheel base +/- 1”. Bolt on front ends and front end parts acceptable as long as they mount to factory locations. Replacement light weight body panels are acceptable as long as they are readily available replacement panels for that model year car/truck. The body of the car or truck (cab) must have started as a production vehicle, specifically to include factory door jams, rocker panels and quarter panels. Aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber bodies prohibited. Any rear suspension combo acceptable.
6.50 Index (6.50) $2000 guaranteed purse, $100 car & driver entry.
- Heads up 6.50 index class meant for street cars/trucks utilizing any power plant and power adder combo. No throttle stops. Trans brake acceptable. The class will be paired on a quick 16 pro ladder for eliminations and racing on a .400 pro tree.
True Street (TS) $1500 guaranteed purse, $75 car & driver entry.
- Heads up no time class meant for registered and insured street cars or trucks utilizing any power plant and power adder combo. The class will be randomly paired for eliminations and racing on a .400 pro tree. Chassis limited to factory style front suspension mounted in the stock location. No full tube chassis or wheelie bars and must maintain factory wheel base +/- 1”. Bolt on front ends and front end parts acceptable as long as they mount to factory locations and they are removable. Factory firewall must be retained in stock location, notched for clearance or smoothed for appearance is acceptable. Ladder bar, mini-tub and IRS delete ok as long as factory frame rails maintained. No back half. Interior must remain factory appearing with a factory style dash and two front seats. Be prepared for a 20+/- mile cruise if time & weather constraints permit, otherwise entries must prove they have a capable charging & cooling system as well as enough fuel capacity to make the cruise. Tire options limited to DOT approved street tires only with the exception of the following:
- -M/T ET Street R 3540/3559/3553/3550/3570/3554/3551/3574
- -M/T ET Street S/S 3450/3452/3453/3454/3460
- -M/T ET Street Radial Pro 3754X/3754R/3753R/
- -M/T Pro Bracket Radial 3355R/3354R/3353R/3352R
- -Hoosier QTP 17601
Factory Street (FS) $1000 guaranteed purse, $50 car & driver entry.
- Heads up no time class meant for registered and insured full interior street cars or trucks with single power adders and otherwise basic bolt-on performance upgrades. Factory interior modifications limited to back seat removal. The use of an aftermarket type trans-brake in this category is prohibited. The class will be randomly paired for eliminations and racing on a .400 pro tree. Single power adder’s limited to turbo (single or twin turbo combos acceptable), supercharger/blower or a single stage of nitrous with the exception of factory boosted cars/trucks using nitrous as 2nd power adder while using the originally equipped turbo or supercharger. Chassis must remain completely stock with the exception of basic bolt on upgrades such as shocks, sway bars, control arms as long as they bolt into factory location, etc. IRS delete, mini-tubs or any other wheel well modifications prohibited. AWD/4WD/2WD all ok and any performance type drag radial tire acceptable as long as it fits the factory wheel size and/or wheel wells without drivetrain or body modification.